Re: transparent proxy and iptables failing

2009/10/7 Brian Austin - Standard Universal <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> you could list your rules to prove that they look ok.
>
> iptables -t nat --list -V

I've tried changing br-lan to br0 and enclosing it in quotes but neither work.

Here is the output from the above

# iptables -L -v -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 532 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    0     0 REDIRECT   tcp  --  br0    any     anywhere
anywhere            tcp dpt:80 redir ports 3128

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

And again, testing DROPing instead

# iptables -L -v -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 532 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    0     0 DROP       tcp  --  br0    any     anywhere
anywhere            tcp dpt:80

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

With both these rules in place I've ran tcpdump and watched traffic go
over br0 on port 80.

What does the 4 packets and 532 bytes mean? That doesn't seem to be
increasing as I do anything and isn't reset when I do a flush.

Robin