Re: tc and CONNMARK

Fabio Marcone ha scritto:
Thanks for your reply,

A first idea, without saw your rules, it's that you limit the wrong
side of communication, however no one can help you without understand better your environment.
it's not possible because if I test only download flow or upload flow, limit rate is ok.

Post your tc/iptables rules and commands.

I'm developing a firewall/router with some services and configuration
 it's not so easy to understand.

Ok, but at least an environment where we can test or understand it's need!

P.s. Use two different mark for different update/download traffic
I'm using connmark so both flow of connection are marked with same mark (CONNMARK) but shaper rule are set on different interfaces: mark
 10 on eth0 -> classid 1:6 mark 10 on eth1 -> classid 2:6

For me it's better if you use different marks.

After, where do you mark the packets (in iptables)? iptables/kernel
version?

where classes are build with these commands: tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:6 htb rate 600kbit ceil 600kbit burst 6k cburst 64k quantum 1600 tc class add dev eth0 parent 2:1 classid 2:6 htb rate 600kbit ceil 600kbit burst 6k cburst 64k quantum 1600

and filters are: tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip handle 10 fw flowid 1:6 tc filter add dev eth1 parent 2: protocol ip handle 10 fw flowid 2:6

do you think is a connmark problem?

Normally I don't use connmark because when I try some time ago to use
it, I found some "not marked" problems, so I switch to classid. Better
and cleaner for me.

Michele