Re: bandwidth counting

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 20:29 -0700, Bob Miller wrote:
> But the numbers dont' add up, I get a total of just over 2 GB for the
> lan ips in both directions, but the total count on the forward chain is
> 11 GB.  I expected them to be very close to the same.
> So, obviously I don't have the understanding of the level 7 spell that I
> thought I did.

If you'd post some details on how your FORWARD chain is setup, people
on the list might be able to say more.

In general though, all forwarded packets pass through the FORWARD chain,
so your approach should work in the end. You might also want to look
into ipt_ACCOUNT to give you an easy way to collect details on your
LAN-IPs.

http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/ipt_ACCOUNT/index.php