need to send packet out when I have the destination ip address as a clusterIP

I am using the clusterip target to have several sets of machines all receive copies of syslog messages. to do this I have defined one VIP and MAC combination and have it defined on multiple machines.

this is working perfectly for log messages comeing from other machines.

but I have a need for the machines that have the clusterIP defined on them to send messages out over the wire so that they are received by other machines that have the same clusterIP defined.

what appears to be happening is that the IP stack is detecting that the address is local and just delivering it locally instead of putting it on the wire to be dealt with properly

is there a way to force this type of traffic to go out over the wire?

some config info to give a concrete example

VIP 1.1.1.1 MAC 01:02:03:04:05:06

system 1
real IP 1.1.1.2
clusterIP local-node 1 total-nodes 1

system 2
real IP 1.1.1.3
clusterIP local-node 1 total-nodes 2

system 3
real IP 1.1.1.4
clusterIP local-node 2 total-nodes 2

system 4 (syslog relay)
real IP 1.1.1.5

when system 4 sends UDP syslog messages
  system 1 sees and records all of them
  system 2 sees and records approximatly half of them
  system 3 sees and records approximatly half of them

so far so good

however is systems 1-3 send a syslog message, the local machine sees it and neither of the other two systems see it.

what I would like to see happen is a packet get out on the wire with a source IP of the local box's real IP and a destination of 1.1.1.1 that then gets received and processed as like the packets sent from system 4.

how can I make this happen?

David Lang

P.S. I already have things configured so that the systems don't both send and receive the same message so there's no potential of a message loop.