Re: SIP conntrack defeating Asterisk canreinvite

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 06:59 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 09:15 +0200, Joerg Dorchain wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:04:28PM -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > > The reinvite works by the Asterisk server sending a SIP invite after the
> > > call has been set up. The new invite contains the address of the phone
> > > in the SDP portion of the packet rather than the address of the PBX.
> > > This should redirect the media stream to flow directly between the
> > > phones.  However, it appears conntrack is rewriting the SDP so that the
> > > address is reverted to the PBX address.
> >
> > Rewriting sounds like nat. I am using conntrack_sip to be able
> > to have the rtp connections accepted as related to a sip
> > connection. Are you sure that you aren't using the sip nat helper
> > by change?
> >
> > To have reinvites working, I needed sip_direct_media=0 as option
> > to nf_conntrack_cip
> >
> > Bye,
> >
> > Joerg
> Yes, as I was thinking after I wrote this, it is probably ip_nat_sip
> since it is doing packet rewriting.  So it sounds like it is a problem
> without sip_direct_media which sounds like it implies upgrading my
> kernel :-(  Thanks - John
Hmm . . . on the other hand, these connections are NOT doing NAT.  If
they are separated by a VPN and using RFC 1918 addresses.  Why would
ip_nat_sip even come into play? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com