Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] ipset-3.2

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Friday 2009-08-21 16:12, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> >
> >- Mixed up formats in ip_set_iptree.c fixed (Rob Sterenborg)
> >- Don't use 'bool' for backward compatibility reasons (Rob Sterenborg)
>
> What actually is it that bool can't be used?

The 'bool' typedef was introduced in 2.6.19. However, some centos kernel
releases versioned as 2.6.18 included the patch too. So without
autoconfig it is not possible to figure out, just by checking the kernel
version numbers, whether the kernel supports bool or not.

I want to support kernels as widely as possible and I do not really rely
on 'bool', therefore decided to avoid it in the kernel part of ipset.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx