newbie question

Dear All,

I have a basic question: I need to enable a cvs server to telnet back
to port 2401 as described at

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-37342.html

---
> $ cvs login
> Logging in to :pserver:rob@<hostname>:2401/home/repository
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to <hostname>(<IP address>):2401
> failed: No route to host
>
> i've verified that the network is up, that i can ssh into the
> server, that xinetd is running, that cvspserver is on, that the
> CVS repo is unchanged from what it was before the re-install,
> etc. i'm not sure what else i might be checking.

You should be able to telnet into your server from a remote system
on port 2401 to your pserver box. If not, perhaps you haven't
opened up your iptables firewall for access to this port?
---

how can I do that with iptables temporarily?

- Gergely