info on IMQ and routing

Hi!
I need to understand how are routed packets outgoing from a imq interface, because I have a router with some eth interfaces and I need to undestand:
- if I have to set up a imq for each eth, or
- if I can set up just one eth and then use tc to create some classes and related filters.

What are pros and cons of these choices?

I'm googled around but without success.

thanks in advance,
Fabio