Re: Disabling conntrack on an interface

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Thomas Jacob<jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 17:06 +0100, Terry Burton wrote:
>> Thanks, but my issue isn't with firewalling, rather that I'd like this
>> traffic to avoid the conntrack table altogether to avoid system load.
>
> Still it's a way to disable conntracking for just one interface, right?
>
> The raw table is evaluated before the connection tracking code. In fact
> being able to do stuff before the connection tracking code is called
> is the raison d'être of the raw tables.

My bad - I hadn't taken the time to understand your reply an didn't
appreciate the relationship between connection tracking and the raw
table.

>> As soon as I bind the (unaddressed) interface into the bridge the
>> packets are conntracked.
>
> Oh yes, sorry, I didn't read you email correctly, you are bridging
> packets thru your box so the conntrack code gets to see them. Don't
> know if the above will still work under these circumstances, just
> try it out.

It works great when you use the bridge interface name:

iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -i breth1 -j NOTRACK

Thank you very much for the rapid help!

All the best,

Terry