Re: arptables ruleset not working when compiling on fedora6,7,8/centos 5/redhat 5

Patrick McHardy schreef:
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2009-07-01 11:56, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Nishit Shah wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Nishit Shah<nsshah.82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-/usr/include/linux/netfilter.h:#define NF_MAX_VERDICT NF_REPEAT
+/usr/include/linux/netfilter.h:#define NF_MAX_VERDICT NF_STOP

I am adding the patch for the same.
Please send this to Bart (CCed), who is maintaining arptables.

There is also a rogue arptables_jf clone by some RedHat person —
no homepage, no point of download except distro .src.rpms —
and used by Fedora and openSUSE.

Ccing the relevant persons responsible for that clone, which I am also hereby accusing of failing to submit their stuff upstream causing unnecessary extra hurdles for users.

Thanks for pointing this out. Jay, please elaborate on why you've
chosen to fork this instead of working with upstream.

I'm not sure when that code was created but I don't think it was a fork. I have no idea why they didn't mention this to the netfilter team, it would have spared me the trouble. I received a mail from someone at RedHat about their tool on 20/10/2003 and I pointed out the sourceforge project ebtables where it's maintained. I didn't know they were still using their own version...

cheers,
Bart