Re: using iptables as a firewall to protect the network

On 01/07/09 08:14, Tzury Bar Yochay wrote:
I wonder if this firewall can be used the same way as firewall
appliance used that is to be placed in between the Internet link and
the LAN switch.

In the same way that, for example, Netgear and Linksys routers use iptables ... I'm sure that there are other appliances that use iptables and I know of at least one company (cohtech.com) that provides what looks like an appliance solution.

jch