Re: raw table and NOTRACK target

> Pay attention to order. As far as I understood your rule order is like
> this:
>
> -t raw -A PREROUTING -j NOTRACK
> -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s host.ip --dport 80 -j RETURN
> -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d host.ip --sport 80 -j RETURN
<skipped>
Thank you for pointing this out, but I already well aware of that.
That's why I'm using -I to prepend rules to begining of the chain.

The first rule is hit - I can verify that with iptables -t raw -vxnL.
But it seems if packet is RETURNed of ACCEPTed in raw chain it is
removed from further processing (I'm running tcpdump on my router and I
see packet entering in local interface but it does not appear in my
outgoing interface).

So exact steps to replicate the behaviour:

iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s real.ip --dport 80 -j RETURN
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d real.ip --sport 80 -j RETURN
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -j NOTRACK

running lynx http://any.host.com from real.ip

running tcpdump on inner interface:
tcpdump -i ethlocal -n host real.ip and port 80

does show connection attempts while
tcpdump -i ethoutside -n host real.ip and port 80
is silent.

iptables -t raw -vxnL shows that first rule is hit couple times, the
second rule is never hit.