Re: Atomic get-and-watch of conntrack table

Hello,

Le lundi 01 juin 2009 à 18:36 +0100, Paul Evans a écrit :
> I'd like to write a long-running program that regularly reports
> statistics on conntrack usage (total number of connections, number of
> NATs, etc...). To do this, the program needs to start up, grab the
> current state of the table, and be informed of updates.

You could use ulogd-2 which has the ability of following the conntrack.
It can dump conntrack information inside a database and you can query it
to get your data. By using a custom SQL procedure (or custom output
plugin), you can even output what you want.

An other possibility is to use conntrackd which has a statistic mode.

Link:
ulogd2: http://www.netfilter.org/projects/ulogd/
conntrackd: http://conntrack-tools.netfilter.org/manual.html

BR,