Re: Policy NAT, pools etc. Is netfilter for me?

It appears, from further reading, that SNAT will do what I need (I was
thinking MASQUERADE as these are all outbound connections where the
machines connect to a remote host, pull a bunch of data, and
disconnect.  No inbound connections are supported or desired through
this NAT device).

Now my question has changed and narrowed in scope.  Will my machine
respond to arp for the SNAT addresses if they are in the config or
must I physically add the addresses to an interface?

By the way, the document here was a great help in my understanding of SNAT:

http://www.web-articles.info/e/a/title/SNAT-with-iptables/