Re: Firewall in Load Balance - Active/Active

> Hi Bro,

Hi!

> Interesting. How does client choose firewall? Where the randomization
> occurs?

Could have a Virtual IP for sending the requests to the two firewalls.
Could have a ldirectord for gateways. Remember that the ldirectord is
"load balance" only for ports TCP/UDP.

> You can use keepalived [1] to have two virtual gateway IP addresses on
> the network - GW1 and GW2. Assign half of the clients staticly to GW1,
> another half to GW2. If one of the boxes fails, keepalived brings up
> missing GWX address on another box. This way you are provided with
> redundancy and load balancing.

How would I disclose two gateways in the network if I have only one
DHCP? Could create VLANs. Correct?

> [1] http://www.keepalived.org/

Thanks!