Re: Routing before LOCAL

Hello,

Michael Douglass a écrit :

I want ALL traffic for the ppp interfaces to be routed out to 10.0.0.1
-- EVEN if the traffic is destined for 192.168.0.10 (a LOCAL interface
on the same box).

My first thought was to use ip rules such as this:
[skip]
This works for everything that I want EXCEPTtraffic to the local
interface (192.168.0.10) doesn't hit my 'vpn' routing table because
the route for it is in the LOCAL routing table which is rule 0 in the
ip rule list.

Is there a "right" way to do what I want to do?

No.

Further, the "fwmark" doesn't appear to answer my problem because I
still need a way to check the fwmark in my ip rule list BEFORE the
local table which is hard coded at 0

Indeed.

FYI, there exists a "send-to-self(loop)" patch which implements routing of traffic between local IP addresses externally via ethernet interfaces. See <http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#loop>.