Re: conntrackd and counters

Hi Sam,

I'm cc'ing netfilter user to keep this message for the record.

Sam Gardner wrote:
Hi Pablo,

I have just started using the conntrack tools. In particular, I am running conntrackd to support failover. When I perform a conntrackd -c I can see the connections I am expecting on the backup machine. However, the packet and byte counts seem to have been reset. Is it possible to synchronise the packet and byte counts too? Do you already have code that can do this?

This is not be feasible since every packet would require one synchronization message containing the counter update. However, I can add it this in an approximate way (losing some precision). However, I'm not sure how useful this would be.

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers