Re: Outgoing redirection with iptables - TCP skips NAT?

Hi,

sorry, but the reasoning is wrong.

UDP has a state in the netfilter connection tracking statetable, but it remains
in the NEW state (as long as there isn't any reply traffic).

And your rule won't work, because DNAT checks, if the packet you try to change
is associated to a connection in the NEW or RELATED state.
As the connection is established, DNAT won't work.

Christoph