Forwarding packets that have your IP as source

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with a strange setup I have. I have 2 virtual
devices which have a test program sitting in between that print some
info from the headers into logs. I also have a real ethernet device that
connects me to the outside world (eth1).

                                      --------------------
        ------------INTERNET----------|CORRESPONDENT NODE|
        |                             --------------------

   -----+-----
   |localhost|
   -+-------+-
    |       |
   -+-------+-
   |test prog|
   -----------

I want to route traffic to the correspondent node through the first
virtual device (tun0), the test program then prints out some info, then
puts the packet back into the second virtual device (tun1).

I have 2 different routing tables, a main routing table, and a test_out
routing table which is used for traffic coming from tun1.

The tables are identical except for the rule which routes traffic with
destination as the correspondent node through tun0, which is in the main
table only to avoid sending packets in a loop.

Using LOG rules in the PREROUTING chain in the mangle table, I can see
that packets arrive from tun1, but they are not being routed.

The packets arriving from tun1 have the IP address that is assigned to
eth1, could this be why they are not being routed? If so, is there a way
to tell the kernel to route these packets?

Thanks for any help,
Nick Martin