Re: Howto setup one machine for specific ip pipe?

which computers have IP addresses that are public/private?

sean darcy wrote:
I have an asterisk voip server in the local network. I have two outgoing connections, a large verizon pipe, and small, low latency pipe from broadview. I'd like traffic generally to use the verizon pipe, but traffic from the voip server should use the low latency broadview pipe.

I've set up table 128:

## eth0 is static to broadview
ETH0_IP_GATEWAY=xx.yy.zz.ww
ETH0_IP_ADDR=xxx.yy.zz.ww1
ip rule delete from $ETH0_IP_ADDR/32 table 128 priority 128
ip rule add    from $ETH0_IP_ADDR/32 table 128 priority 128
## this is the route through broadview gateway ip
ip route add default via $ETH0_IP_GATEWAY table 128

ip rule add    fwmark 0x1 table 128 prio 126

ip rule add    fwmark 0x2 table 128 prio 127

and then set-mark 0x1 to all packets from the voip server:

$IPT -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 \
  -s $AST_IP_ADDR -j MARK --set-mark 0x1

But the asterisk server can't access the internet. I assume the problem is that iptable server isn't NAT'ing the voip server. That is, it routes the packet out through the broadview pipe, but doesn't send any of the responses back to the asterisk server.

Any help appreciated.

sean