Re: iptables - how to create a rule that expires automatically

Am Freitag, 20. Februar 2009 10:01:37 schrieb Mart Frauenlob:
> netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Not sure if this is possible. I wish to create a rule that once
> > created will
> > automatically expire (and be removed) after say 10 minutes.
> >
> > Please
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Colin.
>
> Hello,
>
> you did not tell much about your circumstances, but maybe worth taking a
> look at fail2ban:
> http://www.fail2ban.org
>
> As it's main goal seems to temporarily lock out certain hosts.
>
> Greets
>
> Mart
> --

Or you could utilize the recent module. see man iptables for more info about
recent.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch@xxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42