Re: iptables - how to create a rule that expires automatically

Thanks Ivan, I was hoping to be able to do this directly using a rule
without writing a script / using cron but looks like that's what I'm going
to have to do.

Colin.

Ivan Petrushev wrote:
I'm not sure if that can be done with the netfilter itself.
You could always get a script into crontab to check if the rule is
matched (iptables ... -L -n -v will show you number of packets matched
by the rule) and set up some sort of a timer.

Ivan