Re: Mystics of packet forwarding

Billy Crook wrote:
Has your ISP ever indicated hostility verbally, or in writing, toward
NAT?  Is it forbidden by your Terms of Service?
Well, it says that NAT is allowed in one house. Also a friend of mine that works as main admin on that ISP says they didn't do anything like that.

I find it difficult to believe that your ISP would do something so
elaborate to discourage NAT, especially if they don't explicitly
forbid it.  Try disconnecting your lan from this machine, and testing
for this anomaly.
An idea. But it seems that only actually forwarded packets make it happen...

 I suspect one of the machines on your lan may be
attacking yahoo or digg, and causing those sites to temporarily block
your [public] IP.
An idea too. I'll try to get an temporary ip and monitor logs for a while...

How could this attack look like? Packet bursts? Lot of connections?