Re: UDP netbios nameserver packets blocked

Hello,

I think that you did not load the nf_conntrack_netbios_ns module...

Just to be clear: DNS != NETBIOS NS !!!

Swifty

Knute Johnson írta:
I have the following line in my iptables configuration;

-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

When I use the smbclient command, it attempts a DNS lookup, which fails as it should, then does a netbios nameserver lookup. The response is getting blocked with the last line in my configuration;

-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

I can make it work if I put in the following;

-A INPUT -p udp --sport 137 -j ACCEPT

but I thought the top line should have allowed the response to pass through. It is coming back on the same port as it was sent on.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,