Re: specified protocl number problem

The packets you are seeing (TCP, UDP, and ICMP)
are what you would get if you were to specify
"-p all".
"all" is not as inclusive as one might expect.
To get packets with other protocols, you must
specific them explicitly.

Bill

bahamin takhtaei wrote:
Hi everybody,

Why I can't QUEUE some ip-protocol packets such as IGMP, AH, ESP and so on?
I add these rules to Iptables:

iptables -A INPUT -j QUEUE
iptables -A OUTPUT -j QUEUE

and I see that TCP, UDP and ICMP packets are queued only and other protocol packets are not! But I see them by tcpdump. :(

William Chappell, Software Engineer, Critical Technologies Inc.
* Creativity * Diversity * Expertise * Flexibility * Integrity *
Suite 400 Technology Center, 4th Floor 1001 Broad St, Utica NY 13501
315-793-0248 x148 FAX -9710 <bill.chappell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> www.critical.com