Re: www.adobe.com

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:22:00 +0100
Pascal Hambourg <pascal.mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> TheOldFellow a écrit :
> >
> > 10:45:28.932756 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 53, id 25304, offset 0, flags [none], proto TCP (6), length 44)
> >     192.150.18.101.80 > 192.168.1.2.2901:  tcp 24 [bad hdr length 0 - too short, < 20]
> [...]
> > Allowing all input doesn't change a thing.
>
> I thought so. The TCP header of the first reply packet from the server
> seems to be malformed, so even though iptables accepted it, the TCP
> stack would discard it.
>
> The problem may lie in your router, your network interface card or its
> driver. Anyway it does not seem to be related to netfilter/iptables, as
> tcpdump sees the packet as malformed before it enters the netfilter
> code. Can you try with another router, machine, kernel or network
> interface ?

Yes, but it will take time to arrange.  It's very strange that it only
occurs on that range if IP addresses, which are also very similar to
the 192.168.0.0/16 private address range.  I wonder if this would
improve if I changed the address range used on the ADSL router -
firewall to, say, 172.20.1.0.  If it's software/firmware in the router
or NIC that might avoid it.

It's good to know that it isn't my netfilter, as I could not see the
logic in it!  Hardware/firmware seems much more probable.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, I'll report back when I find out more.

Regards,

R.