Re: http PREROUTING works but other ports do not

first of all thanks for the quick responce. i´ll attempt to answer your questions as clearly as possible.

> I can't say for sure, but I do see a few things that are odd.
>   - You are making reference to both ports 2220 and 2222.  Is one of
> them a typo?

nope i´m using both of them. i have ssh on port 2222 on the host running the firewall (that is to say the host hosting the vservers). and port 2220 get forwared to 10.10.10.20:22, that is to say the standard ssh port on 10.10.10.20, which is on a virtual interface callded dummy0:something. each vserver has an ip in the 10.10.10.* net, and the external interface is eth0 and corresponds to xxx.xxx.xxx.9.

>   - I can't tell what your real destination IP is, xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24
> (your subnet) or xxx.xxx.xxx.9 (a specific host).  I'm going to think
> that it's .9 and refer back to the above point.

i´ve tried using a destination address ("-d") of the specific address (xxx.xxx.xxx.9) and the subnet (xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24) on diferent in order to try all the posible variations hope that one of them would work :/

>   - Will you please clarify what is your internal and external
> interface, eth0 verses what?

eth0 is external and dummy0 is internal virtual interface.

>   - Do you have specific IPs in your network assigned / allocated to
> individual virtual servers?  Or are you doing everything based on port?

i have specific ips (10.10.10.*) assignied to the individial virtual virtual servers. all of the virtual servers run ssh on port 22. in the host, iptables recieves a request for, say, port 2220 and sends it on to port 22 and the ip in question (10.10.10.20 in this case).