Re: filtering packet within a L2 brige

On 11/06/08 16:04, Amine KERKENI wrote:
I want to write some code to simulate network disturbance ( some weired failure law ) with a Linux box playing the role of a network L2 bridge. However, I don't know if this job can be done using netfilter.

Ok...

Are you wanting to simulate he failure in EBTables or a failure elsewhere in the network that just happens to be passing through an EBTables bridge?

If you are wanting to do the latter, take a look at the network testing code under the QoS tree in the kernel. I've never messed with it, but it is probably fairly easy to extend and make it do what you want to.

Grant. . . .