About the netfilter_queue and ip_queue!

Hi,

My program is using ip_queue to develop in RHEL4.6. Recently, I need to port my program to RHEL5.2 because the stability issue of the system and my program in RHEL4.6.

I found that the ip_queue is replaced by netfilter_queue in RHEL5.2 now and netfilter_queue provides the backward compatibility of ip_queue. As a result, I try to re-compile my program without changing the source code (My program is still using the ip_queue) and I found that it can be compiled successfully in RHEL5.2.

However, I found that my program cannot retrieve the packets from the kernelspace into the userspace after it is initialized as usual (Set the rules in iptables, modprobe ip_queue - I think in RHEL5.2 is not needed to modprobe ip_queue, but RHEL4.6 is needed).

The following is my questions. Why my program cannot retrieve the packets? Is it the configuration problem of the rules in iptables? Or some steps is forgotten to perform? Or netfilter_queue cannot be backward compatible to the ip_queue?

The platform which I compiled and executed my program is RHEL5.2 (2.6.18-92.el5) with the installation of libnfnetlink-0.0.39 and libnetfilter_queue-0.0.16. The rules in iptables is listed in the below (It is the same in RHEL4.6 and RHEL5.2): iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp -d 192.168.0.0/24 -m multiport --destination-port 2123,2152,3386 -j QUEUE

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Jacky Luk