Re: IP redirect?

On 10/23/08 04:51, Morgan Read wrote:
OK, thank you

You are welcome.

Thank you, it works - any ideas why why the DNAT worked on it's own with out the SNAT 18 months ago? Or is that a silly question...

No. I see no reason that it would have worked before at all. The only thing that I can think of is that you were not DNATing with in the same subnet such that your traffic was routed back through the router where it would unDNAT it any way, much like MASQUERADing / SNAT does out to the internet (remember that MASQUERADing / SNATing is only so that systems on the net have a route back to your client).

Many thanks,

*nod*

Grant. . . .