Re: is it possible to mix iprange and multiport modules?

pedro noticioso wrote:
Hi there friends!

I am managing a 15 node vpn network with well over 500 pcs scattered all over, so I am looking for creative ways to simplify and better control my traffic while replacing the old IT guys 1600 line-and-10 seconds to load  firewall script, so I tried a trick that did not seem to actually work:

/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp \
 -m multiport  --source-port 22,53,80,110,443,2525 \
 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.19.25-192.168.19.100 \
 -j ACCEPT

So, am I just dreaming here, or is there a nice trick out there to achieve my goal in an elegant manner?

thanks a lot!

I'll point you the way of 'ferm'. An iptables utility uses the iptables-restore interface for maximum speed on load. With a nice simply config file syntax to easily handle fast reload of some complex settings. Including methods of doing iterator loops, macro expansion, and such if needed.

  http://ferm.foo-projects.org/

NP: My bias here is that of a happy customer.

AYJ