Re: MAC Address masking/NAT

> You can easily use EBTables to (S)NAT the frames ethernet MAC address.

I've tried the following two rules (independently):
# ebtables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j snat --to-src 11:11:11:22:22:22 --snat-arp
and
# ebtables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j snat --to-src 11:11:11:22:22:22
--snat-arp -s 55:44:33:22:11:00

The result is that the traffic destined to Host A has the "new/faked"
MAC address, but the return traffic back to Host B still has the faked
address (and thus is ignored by the host).

Does a corresponding DNAT rule need to be made in the  PREROUTING nat chain?

> If you need more help, just ask.  Though the EBTables mailing list might
> be a more appropriate and better place to get more help.

Whoops. The ebtables project page states to post questions to the
netfilter list (http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/contact.html)

Thanks again.

-tim