Re: Some weird issue with return traffic with redirect rule

On 10/17/08 01:30, Pranav Desai wrote:
We are seeing cases where the return traffic is going out using the proxyIP and port 8001, instead of using the origin servers IP and port 80. I have added the traces for both cases below. Most of the traffic goes out correctly using the origin server IP and port, but the traffic using port 8001 is not insignificant, hence we are a bit concerned about it.

*nod*

There are no connections coming in to port 8001.

Ok...

I have to ask, is there a reason you are not configuring clients to talk directly to the proxy? In my experience this works a lot better than transparent proxying. I tend to use direct proxying as the primary method and then transparent proxying as a backup and to catch devices that don't know how to talk to a proxy.

I am not sure what could be causing this behavior or how I should go about debugging this. Could the conntrack table or its usage be screwed up?

Are there any DMESG or syslog entries about the connection table being full?

Grant. . . .