Re: Iptables execution time

Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
I think that it's taking the time in forking and executing, but you can do some profiling so we can stop speculating.

How do it? It's a "simple" script that repeater N times that same thing,
more or less (where N are ~1500)

And after, also if it's not a iptables-related question, why that so
time for do the fork and execute when It's, at least, two time faster
than the test one?

P.s. Yes, I know that the same rules with iptables-restore on my test server takes about 0.5 sec :)

So, why don't you use that interface? :)

Why leave the right way for follow the new one that you don't know where
it'll bing you? :). Ok I'll take a look for update my script system!

Thanks,
Michele