Re: moblock

Grant Taylor wrote:
On 09/25/08 06:18, Brent Clark wrote:

It looks like the filtering is done in user space rather than by IPTables. I don't know what to think about this. I personally would be more interested in this if it ran in kernel space and you provided it the list of blocked sites via /proc or sysctl or the likes. But, if it works, more power to it.
But what I have to do is that I keep having to remind myself is that iptables is for layer 3 /4 operation. But then what does layer 7 control?

Well it seems to be the way to go, look at other tools like snort inline. And also whats interesting is that I see some of the BSD lot use / recommend this type of filtering (snort2pf).