From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Portsweep
To: "Mail List - Netfilter" <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 4:36 PM

On 09/23/08 01:51, bahamin takhtaei wrote:
> Do you know How to use iptables against Portsweep attacks?

There use to be a Port Scan Detection (psd) match extension that would
help detecting this easier.  I.e. did it look like a system was
initiating a port scan, and if so, handle it accordingly (drop / reject
/ tar pit / etc.).  I don't know what the current state of the psd match
is, so you will have to find out.

Grant. . . .
in