Re: Portsweep

Grant Taylor wrote:
On 09/23/08 01:51, bahamin takhtaei wrote:
Do you know How to use iptables against Portsweep attacks?

There use to be a Port Scan Detection (psd) match extension that would help detecting this easier. I.e. did it look like a system was initiating a port scan, and if so, handle it accordingly (drop / reject / tar pit / etc.). I don't know what the current state of the psd match is, so you will have to find out.
FWIW, my Netgear DG834N has this in a chain called DOS:

SCAN       all  --  anywhere             anywhere           psd weight-threshold: 21 delay-threshold: 300 lo-ports-weight: 3 hi-ports-weight: 1

Netgear make their source available so you could try looking there.

jch