Re: ULOG/NFLOG on a non-forwarding machine

On 9/23/2008 4:50 AM, Benny Amorsen wrote:
Is there a way to catch incoming traffic which is neither INPUT nor FORWARD with netfilter?

You /might/ be able to catch some traffic *if* the Linux TCP/IP stack thought that it was appropriately addressed to the system.

I think you will have better luck doing this with bridging as bridging is (more) accustom to dealing with traffic that may or may not be addressed to the local system.

It may be possible to get IPTables to log some information about packets that it thinks are completely erroneous, but I'm thinking that if it is possible, it will be severely limited.

Grant. . . .