monitoring with iptables question

Hi,

I know that iptables can be used for some monitoring tasks. Is it
possible to solve the following task with iptables?

Let's say I have an application that generates 20 Mbps data for
transmission, but due to high network load only 10Mbps is actually
transmitted. So, the output transmission queue is always loaded with
packets waiting for transmission. Is it possible to see somehow with
iptables that the output transmission queue is always busy? Or maybe
it is possible to count how many packets were generated for
transmission and how many packets have been actually transmitted?

I need this for monitoring the queue load. The main task is to monitor
what portion of time the output transmission queue is empty/busy.

Thanks for any hints!!

Aleksej.