Re: IPMARK

2008/9/18 Jason Cosby <sky_jason@xxxxxxxxx>:
> All,
>
> Sorry to post here, but the LARTC list has gone belly up. I have a LAN of 35 with IPs from 192.168.1.6 thru 192.168.1.40 sharing a satellite link. I need to limit total bandwidth to 512Kbps and divide it evenly between all 35 clients. My plan is to create 35 individual queues and allow 100% borrowing so that the queues don't have to constantly be deleted/recreated upon user enter/exit. All traffic is run through NAT at the gateway computer.

I think if you just create one queue that is limited to 512kbps and
redirect the 35 clients to this queue, the outgoing traffic will be
divided evenly between them.

Try this (assuming your network card is eth0):

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 10
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 512kbps
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 1 fw flowid 1:10
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MARK --set-mark 1