RE: iptables not prevent access

This is a good idea. I think you are probably right. The request received by the server perhaps does't come from 119 in the server's eyes, although the webpage IS opened from 119. But the server is a linux environment, and tailored quite a bit to run embedded system software. So apache is not in "usr/local". I've got to try to locate the access log in the printer first.
:-)

> But, what continues to baffle me is the fact that no requests
> were coming from your client's ethernet interface!

Me, too.

Thanks,
Xu Qiang