Re: Help with multiple IP networks over an ethernet one

ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
Thanks for the response, I explain a bit more.

The 3 uplinks have 3 public IP addressess (one per uplink), and are "ADSL"
links, one public ip per interface.

eth1 and eth2 have, each one, their direct connect to their ADSL gateway.

eth3 (public IP) and eth0 (private IP) share the same ethernet network.

Physically, this shared ethernet have many wireless bridges (using STP) to
link all the buildings we need to link.

The test I done to see the latences are send 2 pings to the same physical
place to diferent defices from the linux box.

One ping from router to adsl gateway (eth3->uplink3 gateway) and, at the
same time, one ping from router to a workstation (eth0->LAN).

Physically the two pings go trought the same physicall path and end in the
same switch where the uplink3 gateway and the test workstation are.

In router:
   a) I MASQUERADE the IP by interface (-j MASQUERADE), because I need to
have all ougoing frames control.
   b) I balance the routers (as described in lartc and use magle to allow
the responses from the incomming interface where they arrives.
   c) I use tc (using HTB qdiscs) for the QoS (the problem became with QoS
disabled too, don't think this were the problem).

Yesterday, I found a local kernel text file called
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.18/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt
(internet is not all) where I see a very usefull information about ip
parameters and appears that tweaking some of them will solve some problems
with ARP, but really I don't know many of these parameters and only
appears to be usefull for me some of them: arp_filter, arp_accept,
arp_ignore, rp_filter.

My distro is CentOS 5.2 whith the last kernel (2.6.18 based).

Expect that with this information the problem could be more explained than
in the initial e-mail.

Regards