Re: Traffic Mirroring for Debugging

On 8/22/2008 2:57 AM, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
Gosh! Even couldn't manage to make DNAT for a single address work properly. Any helps will be really really appreciated.

It won't help with the packet duplication, but I think it is related. I think you will need to SNAT the traffic as it leaves 1.10 so that 1.2 / 1.20 will reply back to 1.10 rather than directly back to the client. I think that 1.2 / 1.20 is replying directly back to the client and the client is going WTF??? Why is 1.2 / 1.20 replying to me? I have not started a connection with them.

As far as packet duplication, I'd start with ulogd or something like that. I'm betting you are going to have to pass the packets to user space for the duplication.

Grant. . . .