VPN (interface) access for and all traffic through from single user -- how to do it?

Hello!

There is one thing really troubling me for fourth day and I hope, this is the
right place to ask for advices:
I have VPN access through LAN NIC, I managed to log in the VPN server and,
using ping -I ppp0 some.host.domain got an answer. Nothing more this far, but
the initial goal was simply to grant an user access to VPN as toppic subject
describes. Just like I would have started firefox -I ppp0!
(all user's traffic through ppp0, while other users can still go through
eth1!)

Also this created an extra question: how web browser "knows", which interface
should be used, if there are multiple?

I would greatly appreciate your help here, since my efforts following
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_PPTP_VPN_client_(Microsoft-compatible_with_mppe)
http://www.wlug.org.nz/SourceBasedRouting
http://lartc.org/lartc.pdf
just didn't succeed somehow.