Re: conntrackd synchronisation at startup

Christophe Painchaud wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I managed to create a cluster of 2 firewalls that share their conntrack
> tables ; but I've got a little problem/question:
>
>  When I restart a node to simulate a failure, it won't request existing
> connections, it will only get news ones. I am forced to do a 'conntrackd
> -n' to resync it all. I tried to start conntrackd with 'conntrackd -d
> -n' or 'conntrackd -dn' . No success here. Is there a proper way to do
> this ? should I create a startup script that run -d command line, and
> then -n ?

conntrackd does do this by itself, it needs the help of a failure
detector manager, eg. keepalived. You have to include the conntrackd -n
in your scripts when the node hits backup state. Have a look at the doc/
directory inside the conntrack-tools.

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers