Re: Problems with mms-conntrack-nat

Peter Kaagman wrote:
I am under the impression that I need this module to allow users to
access streaming media on the Internet. Being a school this is kinda
important to us. And our current firewall machine is in desperate need
for an upgrade.

I like that idea more than the usual "lock everything down" :)

I sure hope my impression is wrong.... is there something else I could
use... a certain technique I could use

I know basically nothing about MMS, but according to wikipedia its
obsoleted in favor of RTSP. In most cases (protocols like SIP or
H.323 which use seperate bands for signalling and data being the
expectation) you don't need any additional helpers for this since
the data is transported in-band.

Do you have a specific example of something that would need this
helper?

An rtfm (accompanied by a link ;)) would be greatly appreciated.

On what topic? :)