Re: conntrackd daemon stops: is conntrackd running?

Pablo Florencio scripsit:

Hi!

> I have installed conntrackd in my high availability firewall cluster and
> I found one problem that I can't resolve. The installation was ok, I
> used Heartbeat instead of Keepalived for set up the virtual ips and the
> conntrackd script and it seems to work fine- I have checked that both
> nodes can dump the internal and external cache correctly.

> The problem comes when tried to use conntrackd a few minutes later since
> the daemon has started, for example, if I want to dump statistics
> collected by daemon I found this error message:

[conntrackd dies after some time]
> Is there any problem using heartbeat instead of keepalived? I can see it
> working fine for a few minutes but after that I mysteriously found this
> error in both nodes.

I'm running conntrackd with heartbeat wihout a problem for a while now.
Most probably you hit the same bug in libnetfilter-conntrack than I
did some weeks ago.

See http://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=120942089523985&w=4 for
details.

Ciao