Re: viewing rules and traffic while inserting/removing rules

Grant Taylor wrote:
On 05/07/08 15:01, Steven Kath wrote:
Have you considered using netfilter's ip sets for this? Sounds like it might be perfect for your needs.

With out knowing how or what the OP is accounting we don't know if s/he is looking at each individual network that is being filtered or if it is clients behind the system. If it is networks that are being filtered I would think that the single ipset rule would make it much harder, if not impossible, to keep accounting data for a single rule.
I do not need to keep individual accounting data for each network that is blocked.