RE: does -p udp --dport 5060 not work with -j LOG?

Sean darcy wrote:

> Wow. That worked.
>
> I always thought iptables -F flushed all the tables. Is there a command
> that does flush all the tables? Cleans the slate completely?

The 'filter' table is the default if no -t argument is specified, so only
the filter table gets flushed with iptables -F.

The closest thing I can imagine to a clean slate is flushing all the
built-in tables by name, restoring the default policy for each table to
ACCEPT,  and running iptables -X to delete all user-generated tables:

iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -P ACCEPT
iptables -t raw -F
iptables -t raw -P ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -P ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -F
iptables -t filter -P ACCEPT
iptables -X

'-t filter' is redundant as it's the default but I showed it here for
clarity.

Maybe there's an argument that's shorthand for some or all of this, but
I'm not aware of one.