Re: Dynamically adding rules - are connection tracking states maintained?

Thank you again for your response. Suppose I do want drop existing connections, but I don't want to add the "drop" rule above the "allow established" rule, for performance reasons. Does netfilter provide any API for flushing the conntrack table (all of it or specific entries)? Will stopping the firewall completely flush these entries?